Our 45th Reunion took place on 26-29 May 2005 in (generally) beautiful weather,
with Headquarters at Forbes College. 143 classmates and associates, with many spouses, partners, children, and
miscellaneous hangers-on attended; view the list of registrants
Thursday and Friday
Check-in and dinner on Thursday evening was followed by Dixieland music featuring Tom Artin.
Friday was occupied with a wide assortment of University-sponsored events.
After a visit from President Tilghman, dinner on Friday evening featured Zinfandel
from George Peyton’s Rosenblum Cellars,
followed by dancing to the big band sound of Odyssey.
Picture Gallery | View All 146 Pictures
The Class Photo took place on the steps of Whig Hall on Saturday morning.
You may order a copy directly from Panphoto by calling 888-969-0879 or
Picture Gallery | View All 105 Pictures
The P-rade kicked off at 2pm sharp. Our group (alarmingly near the beginning of the line) was led by
the famous St. Columcille Pipe Band, from Kearny, NJ.
Kit Huettig and sons Scott and Jimmy carried the 1960 banner, as usual, and Rich McGlynn
led the class in frequent locomotives, as usual. Our procession had already ended long before the rains came,
just as the Class of 2005 was taking its place in the line of march.
Picture Gallery | View All 223 Pictures
Class Business Meeting
President Dick Deyo ran the Class’s Business Meeting after dinner on Saturday evening. Dancing to the music of Joe Cool (’60’s DJ also at our 35th and 40th Reunions) followed the meeting.
Items of business included the following:
- Election of new officers
- Thanks to Quenby Williamson for her yeoman work with the Reunion clothing
- Urging attendees to purchase excess Reunion clothing, by Elizabeth Pillion ’05, Assistant Crew Chief Manager
- Thanks to the Dining staff and the Crew
- Awarding honorary class membership to Don Betterton (Dartmouth ’60).
Read the resolution.
Betterton was also awarded an Alumni Council Award for Service to Princeton; read the Alumni Council Award announcement.
- Awarding honorary class membership to Dan Urech. Read the resolution.
- Special thanks to Roger Barth for his fine work as Reunion Chair
- Thanks to Dick Deyo for his five years of service as President
- Transfer of the ceremonial beer-can pull-top lei to incoming President Phil Becton
Picture Gallery | View All 53 Pictures
Sachs Scholarship Brunch
Reunion events concluded on Sunday morning with the Class’s traditional Sachs Scholarship Brunch,
where we had a chance to meet the newest Sachs Scholar, Kyle Jaros ’05.
Picture Gallery | View All 24 Pictures
Photo credits: Tex Harris, Mike Ippolito, Mike Southwell, Dave Willard
Let us know what you thought about Reunions.